Serves - 6
Milkmaid - 1 tin
Maida - 200gm
Butter - 100gm
Baking powder - 1tsp
Soda Bicarbonate - 1tsp
Aerated Soda - 125ml
Mixed dry fruits(cashew,almond,walnets,dry grapes)-150gm(chopped)
Ingredients for Caramel sauce:
Sugar - 1 cup
Butter 6 Tbsp
Heavy whipping cream - 1/2 cup
or store bought Caramel Sauce - 50ml
For the Caramel sauce:
1) Take a heavy ,thick bottomed saucepan. Heat sugar on high till it melts completely and starts getting brown. Dont let it burn. immediately add the butter to the pan. Whisk until the butter has melted.
2)Once the butter has melted, take the pan off the heat. Count to three, then slowly add the cream to the pan and continue to whisk to incorporate.
3)Whisk until caramel sauce is smooth. Let cool in the pan for a couple minutes, then pour into a glass jar and let sit to cool to room temperature.You can store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
For the cake preparation:
1) Pre heat oven to 150 deg C
2) Grease the cake tin with butter
3) Melt the butter in a pan, let cool and add milkmaid and mix well.
4) Sift together the maida, baking powder and soda bi carbonate.
5) Mix the maida with the milkmaid-butter mixture alternating with soda till both are over.
6) Add the caramel syrup and the chopped dry fruits.Mix well
7) Pour into greased pan and bake for 45min to 1 hr at 150 deg C.
Cool and serve.