Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Healthy Baked Sweet Potato Fries

This fry will replace all your high fat potato fries. These are healthy, low fat and a baked version of fries. Its easy to prepare and tastes awesome. Try these and you'll never want the fast food French fries.

Here is the recipe..


Serves: 2

Ingredients:
1 medium sized sweet potato
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp Garlic powder or 1 small garlic, mashed (optional)
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1 tbsp oil, any

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 425 deg F(220 deg C). Line a baking with with a parchment paper.

Wash, peel, and cut the sweet potato just like you cut the potatoes for the French fries (cut it a little thin if you want a crispy fry).

Now toss the potatoes with the rest of the ingredients and spread them on the lined baking sheet in a single layer.

Bake them at 425 deg F(220 deg C) for 15 to 20 minutes. Few more minutes if you like it crunchy. Do keep an eye so that it doesn't get burned.

Enjoy the fries with a little ketchup!



Also sending my first pic of fries to "CLICK", a food photography event. This month's theme being Bi-Color, any food related picture having just 2 colors. While the pic may have several colours, but TWO colors must be DOMINANT. Here i go..

Enjoy and have a great week!

16 comments:

Sloan said...

Sweet, I'm going to try some of these on the Weber bbq. Too hot to bake here in daytime at our studio in Colorado

msjvd said...

I had the sweet potato, garlic powder and salt, cumin, and oil, but no chili powder.

So I substituted cayenne pepper (half the amount) and made it tonight anyway.

IT WAS GREAT!! I love sweet potato fries and had wanted a great recipe for them. This is definitely it!

I am also thinking I could put the same spices on regular potatos with great results.

Thank you!

chef and her kitchen said...

nice n yummy fries..love this version

mama eija said...

Thats so delicious..i will try it at my home..thanks for the recipes..
http://cubaladulu.blogspot.com/

Parita said...

Anything with sweet potatoes I am in:) nice click!

Jo said...

I love sweet potatoes and there are so many different varieties nowadays. This definitely is a much healtier version!

Jen said...

Nice! Maybe I'll try this next! :)

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

They looks so yummy. I'll have to try this recipe. Beautiful pics!

Unknown said...

I ca have a whole bunch of these. I make it almost the same way. looks too good.

Laura said...

I have been looking for a good sweet potato fry recipe. My husband thanks you!

Shaun McGowan said...

Potato Bakes are really yummy but this recipe looks really good!!!

Bergamot said...

It looks really delicious... a great way to eat sweet potatoes. As a kid my mom used to boil the sweet potatoes and I used to eat it with sugar. Now when I think of it...it seems rather unappetising. This option will get me back to the super-healthy sweet potatoes.

Btw, I got an award for you on my site do check it out..

Anushruti said...

This looks delicious and you have beautiful pictures out there.

BamaGirl said...

Thanks for this great recipe. They were amazing. Will make again!

Angelina Fishy said...

How are they fat-free if you add a tbsp of oil?

Ramya Kiran said...

HI Angelina. i've corrected my words from fat free to low fat :)
Thanks for your visit..

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name