Sunday, June 1, 2008

About me..

Hello everyone!!

I’m Ramya. Welcome to my kitchen.
Cooking was something which i used to see my mom doing in her kitchen and i used to just watch her cook. But, somewhere along the way, i think i got obsessed with it. I started trying out different recipes either from a cookbook, from the Internet or i used to call up my mom asking her for her recipes.. Finally i ended up testing and experimenting with the ingredients. I got interest in Baking when i was in Germany as i had a baking oven to experiment with, but knew nothing about it as we hardly use a baking oven in India. I slowly began trying out all the baking recipes from the internet and things were actually working out great for me and i even had a lot of fun baking..

Apart From Cooking I Also Love Sketching, Reading And Lots And Lots Of Internet  Surfing (With Often Fights With My Hubby To Hog The Laptop). I Also Love To Do Adventure Sports And Last But Not The Least, I Love Traveling.

I was then into creating this blog, "The Cooks Collection". Thought of this name thinking that it would be a journal of my recipes and experiments.. Wanted to store and share my recipes somewhere and a blog was the place i found..

It gives so much of pleasure and happiness when people visit your blog and comment on your recipes.. Just a way to keep life going..
Thank you so much for being with me and wanting to know about me. Do visit my blog and looking forward for all your comments and questions..

Cheers and Have a great day!

Ramya Kiran

14 comments:

vidyavishwanath said...

nice blog,like it very much,'ll try mix.veg.koottu and come back 2 u soon.keep rocking

LilyAnette said...

Hello. Thanks for dropping by and your blog is very nice. I like the photos very much.

Red Chillies said...

So good to know that you are from Bangalore as well.

Shri said...

Loved your blog...the pics and dishes seem to really tickle your taste buds!!
Do Visit my blog at tastytouch.blogspot.com(I am a new blogger incase you are wondering who the heck I am):)

Shri

Sharon said...

Hi Ramya i am also from Bangalore and passionate about cooking.... nice to see your blog and love your recipe's!

Anonymous said...

i cracked up when i read this "with often fights with my hubby to hog the laptop".. that's exactly what i do too.. and my husband was like "yellarigu maneli kootkondu idae kelsa neno..."

I Am Gluten Free said...

Hi! I love your blog. I found it looking for eggless baking recipes. I will be trying your scone recipe, though I will substitute gluten free flours for the flours, as I have Celiac Disease.

I love your blog template. I've wanted to change my blog template (I'm also a blogspot blogger) and would love to use the same template as you. Can you tell me where or how I can find it? Thank you so much. Please email me at birdwoman5151 AT yahoo DOT com. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Hi Ramya,
I just stumbled across your blog and I must commend you on the super delicious collection of recipes that you have shared here. Your photos are also a delight.

sanjeeta kk said...

Hi Ramya,

Nice to come across your blog. Great clicks and presentation. Keep it up. Best wishes.

Mitho Limdo said...

Hi Ramya,
Your blog is really beautiful. I have bookmarked it and plan to make a few of your wonderful creations.

Anupama

Anjali Marathe said...

Love your blog! I just added you to my blogroll - the Indian recipes you have are great! :)

Unknown said...

Dear Ramya, I like how you became inspired to start experimenting with cooking. I came from a traditional Greek home, and remember how I used to watch my mother cook, and her saying to me "pay attention because one day you will be cooking this!" I suppose I did not pay enough attention because when I got to college I was calling her up and asking her how she made my favorite rice and other greek dishes. She was more than happy to explain over the phone but I realized how important it was for her to pass on her recipes to me, so I could keep that tradition alive for my family. I thought I should share this with you because of how much fun you said you have baking and cooking. It is so rewarding! Thank you for sharing.
Cheers, Gaby
You can visit me at http://ptsaldari.posterous.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Ramya,
Chanced upon your blog through someone else's. Dont ask me who's, cos I cant remember now!
First things first, I simply love your blog...the pictures, the recipes...Everything! I'm adding you to my blogroll. Do visit me when you get a chance.

Luv
Madhuri

padmaja said...

You got a great collection of lovely recipes Ramya, came here today searching for an eggless cake recipe and landed up with much more! All the best!

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name